Warner Electric (Altra) – Clutches, Brakes, Torque Control
ISC Companies and Adams-ISC can supply the Warner Electric products on this page and many others found on warnerelectric.com. For more information or for a product quote, please contact us by phone 763-559-0033, by email firstname.lastname@example.org, or by filling out our online contact form.
Founded in 1927, Warner Electric is a global leader in the development of electromagnetic clutch and brake solutions. Warner utilizes the latest materials and manufacturing technologies to design long life, easy-to-use clutches and brakes that provide improved accuracy and repeatability. Warner Electric, now a brand of Altra Industrial Motion, offers the broadest selection of industrial clutches, brakes, controls, and web tension systems from a single manufacturer.
Basic Design Clutch Products
- PCC Primary Design Coupling Units: PCC Series clutch couplings employ the same basic components as the PC, except for a splined hub and adapter, which serves as a coupling for inline shaft applications.
- PC Primary Design: Current is carried through brushes and the collector ring to the rotating magnet. The PC design is less expensive than the SF design.
- SFC Stationary Field Design: SFC Series clutch couplings employ the same basic components as the SF design except for a splined hub and adapter, which serves as a coupling for in-line shaft applications.
- SF Stationary Field Design: The SF design eliminates collector rings and brush-holder. Ideal for adverse environmental conditions. Mounting tolerances are generally more critical than the PC design. Flange or bearing mounted styles available.
Clutch Modules: IEC Mount
Clutch Modules: NEMA C-Face Mount
Hydraulic and Pneumatic Clutches
- PC (Primary Clutch) design requires a brushholder to carry current from the power source to the rotating magnet.
- SF (Stationary Field) clutch design consists of a bearing mounted magnet assembly, or field, a rotor assembly, and an armature assembly.
- CMS 250 Series Commercial MagStop clutch/brakes are designed for heavy-duty mowers.
- Commercial MagStop clutch/brakes for heavy-duty mowers for large grounds maintenance requirements.
- GT300 clutch/brake model features a triple-groove pulley to accommodate multiple v-belts.
- BBC-II Blade Brake Clutches (BBCs) are engaged by actuating the operator presence lever and pushing the blade engagement handle.
- Residential MagStop (RMS) clutch/brakes for mower decks and other implements controlled by a dashboard switch.
- TG2000 incorporates the features of the Commercial MagStop clutch/brakes into a design specifically for tractors.
Shaft Mounted Clutches
Wrap Spring Clutches, Brakes, and Clutch/Brakes
Basic Design Brake Products
- E510 Brake consists of a magnet, armature and mounting hub for direct mounting to the driven shaft.
- E520 Brake consists of a magnet armature and mounting hub for mounting to a driven sheave or sprocket.
- MB Motor Brake: MB motor brakes are composed of a PB brake mounted on a NEMA C-face adapter and cover assembly.
- PB Brake: PB Series brakes consist of a magnet, armature and mounting hub in a simple and extremely compact design.
- PBM Motor Brake: Single friction face brakes, activated by power on, and electrically operated.
Caliper, Centrifugal, Fail-Safe, and Motor Brakes
- ERS VAR-11 is an electrically released caliper brake which operates in static and/or emergency stops.
- FC-G-C410 centrifugal brake is composed of two parts: the core, mandatory driving, integral with two fly-weights and return springs, and the drum connected to the clutch assembly or to a fixed brake assembly.
- Pan-Cake (PK) brakes are pre-assembled on/off dry electromagnetic brakes used for parking, emergency, and service braking.
- CBTB electomagnetic axle brakes are specifically for use on electric-powered, dual-drive vehicles.
- Pan-Cake (EOP Captive) brakes are pre-assembled on/off dry electromagnetic brakes used for parking and emergency only.
- XS Brakes are highly reliable devices designed as statically engaged/disengaged holding brake.
- AP Brakes electromagnetic, spring-applied brakes for very flat, low profile, limited space applications.
- ERX Series spring-operated, pre-assembled, electromagnetic brakes for parking and emergency stop.
- Sensor WES is a contactless monitoring solution for detection of strokes, especially on spring applied brakes with noise damping systems.
Vertical Lifting Brakes
FB, ER, ERS, ERD Series
- FB Series permanent magnet brakes for frequent cycling applications which regularly engage the brake to stop a moving load.
- ER Series dynamic engagement brakes must be engaged while the shaft is in motion.
- ERS Series are spring-set, electrically released brakes designed to provide holding functions as well as dynamic stopping in emergency situations.
- ERD Series brakes are designed to safely keep the load in position in the event of a power or motor failure, whether intentional or accidental.
- WR-180 brakes are an extremely compact design intended for use in static applications.
- WR-198 brakes can be used for both static and semi-dynamic applications.
- WR-213 series is ideally suited for the powered wheelchair and scooter markets.
- WR218/WR220/WR225 static holding, spring applied, electrical and manual released brakes.
- WR-Thin WR230/WR240/WR250 pre-assembled on/off dry failsafe electromagnetic brakes, highly reliable, and compact for static engagement.
Pneumatic and Hydraulic Brakes
Shaft Mounted, Tooth, and Trailer Brakes
- EB Series Electro Brakes mount directly on a motor or through shaft for basic braking functions.
- E710/720 electrically released, tooth operated brake activated by spring pressure.
Basic Design Clutch/Brake Products
- PCBC Primary Clutch/Brake Coupling: The PCBC clutch/brake coupling series combines a PCC clutch coupling with a PB brake.
- SFPBC Stationary Field Clutch/Brake Coupling: The SFPBC clutch/brake coupling series combines a SFC clutch coupling with a PB brake.
Foot Mounted and Shaft Mounted Clutch/Brakes
Electro Pack performance products are offered as clutches, brakes, and clutch/brake combinations, and can be base mounted, shaft mounted, or installed on or between C-face motors and reducers.