UL 508A / 698A Certified Panel Shop
ISC Companies is proud to be a UL 508A/698A certified panel shop with in-house electrical engineering capabilities and designers that are experienced in drafting, building, programming, and supporting intrinsically safe control panels for use in a variety of industrial applications and working environments.
Using UL listed or recognized components in an industrial control panel does not guarantee that the control panel meets applicable UL safety requirements. Only by using a UL 508A listed panel shop, like ISC Companies, are you assured that the entire assembly complies with UL standards.
Electrical Control Panel Manufacturing
- PLC (Programmable Logic Controller), HMI (Human Machine Interface), and PC based control systems
- System planning and evaluation
- Complete turnkey solutions
- Component specification and integration
- Custom programming and assembly
- In-house, live system testing
Electrical Control Panel Design Examples
- Fan and pump control panels
- Wastewater control panels
- VFD (Variable Frequency Drives) and Across-the-Line starter panels
- Crane and hoist control panels
- Auger and conveyor control panels, including food and beverage
- Custom automation panels with PLC and HMI user interface
- MCP (Motor Control Panels) including large MCC (Motor Control Center) panels
- Junction and tie-in panels
- OEM contract panel assemblies
ISC Companies UL Listing Information
UL 508A (Industrial Control Equipment) Industrial Control Panels
- NITW.E358432 – Industrial Control Panels / File No. E358432
- NITW7.E358432 – Industrial Control Panels Certified for Canada / File No. E358432
This category covers industrial control panels, which are factory-wired assemblies of industrial control equipment, such as motor controllers, switches, relays, and auxiliary devices. The panels may include disconnect means and motor branch-circuit protective devices. An industrial control panel does not include the controlled loads, including motors, luminaires, heaters, or utilization equipment.
UL 698A (Industrial Control Equipment Relating to Hazardous Locations) Industrial Control Panels Relating to Hazardous Locations
- NRBX.E468806 – Industrial Control Panels Relating to Hazardous Locations / File No. E468806 / Intrinsically safe circuit extensions, Model(s) Class I, Groups A, B, C, D; Class II, Groups E, F, G; Class III
- NRBX7.E468806 – Industrial Control Panels Relating to Hazardous Locations Certified for Canada / File No. E468806 / Intrinsically safe circuit extensions, Model(s) Class I, Groups A, B, C, D; Class II, Groups E, F, G; Class III
This category covers industrial control panels relating to Class I and II, Division 1 and 2 and Class III hazardous locations, which are factory-wired assemblies of industrial control equipment such as motor controllers, switches, relays, and auxiliary devices. The panels may include disconnect means and motor branch-circuit-protective devices. These panels and assemblies are additionally marked if intended for applications such as industrial machinery (including metalworking machine tools, power press controls, and plastic injection molding machinery), crane or hoist control, service equipment use, flame control of fossil-fuel-burning equipment (including incinerators, kilns, and drying ovens), marine use, air conditioning, and refrigeration equipment.